Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Political lesbianism

Yesterday, Rachel Maddow (MSNBC) mentioned a congressman who said publicly that she was a cross-dressing lesbian. It made me laugh: for over 50 years, and I am now reaching 70, I have been a lesbian for all the men to whom I said no, and a whore if I happened to say yes. I thought this was specific of my generation, but it seems that we have now shifted from the general contempt for women to the ultimate political argument. Congratulations, congressman!

It does not say much about Miss Maddow, except that she is feared. It says a lot about the obscure ex-congressman Bob Ney (except that I did not infer that he ended up in jail): it tells me all about his age, his education and the quality of his heart.
HA! has-been congressman, you must have been a stud!

No comments: